Sunrise Health System of Hospitals: Treating You and Your Family
The Sunrise Health System of hospitals and health services takes care of you and your family including everything from minor cuts and bruises to serious emergencies. Our network includes three hospitals, five ERs, a dedicated Pediatric ER, Level II trauma center, comprehensive Children’s Hospital and 16 Care Now Urgent Care centers. Learn more about our services below.
At Sunrise Children’s Hospital, we have the largest pediatric emergency room in Las Vegas and the surrounding area. Providing medical care to children, especially in an emergency, can be difficult. During these stressful times our physicians, nurses and other members of the healthcare team are specially trained to provide the care and comfort needed even when a child may not be able to tell us where they hurt. We partner with parents, who know their child best, to get to the root of the problem quickly and give kids the care they need fast.
Our children’s emergency room services include:
- 24/7 Care: Our children’s emergency room is staffed by physicians board-certified in pediatrics and pediatric emergency medicine 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Child-Friendly Environment: Our children’s ER has a separate entrance and waiting room area and is staffed by doctors and nurses who specialize in treating kids, from babies to teens. If additional care or consultation is needed, we have expert pediatric sub-specialists available. We offer special techniques and equipment to help reduce pain and have child life specialists on staff to provide comfort, distraction and help explain procedures to your child.
- Specialized pediatric nurses: Our nurses are specially trained to treat children and maintain certifications in Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum. Pediatric specialists are available for consultations at all times based on your child's medical condition.
- Level II Trauma Center: Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital provide care for the emergent needs of some of the sickest patients in Las Vegas and the surrounding region. The pediatric Emergency Room provides care to children 17 years of age and younger.
You can never plan for an emergency, especially when you have children. Fortunately, MountainView Hospital can, and is ready 24/7 to provide expert pediatric care. Our state-of-the-art emergency department is always ready and able to treat children when they need it most.
We pride ourselves on providing your little ones with a team of highly experienced emergency room physicians, nurses and other emergency healthcare providers. Our specialists are experts at treating kids of all ages, even if they can’t always tell us where it hurts.
Why choose MountainView for your emergency pediatric care?
- We are close to home and easily accessible, just off U.S. 95 at Cheyenne Ave. and Tenaya Way
- 42 private ER rooms
- Convenient, dedicated ER entrance
- “Fast Track” care and triage area to help patients be quickly assessed by a dedicated triage nurse
- If your little one needs a CT scan, our latest equipment reduces radiation dose up to 82%. This also allows pediatric patients to have low-dose, sedation-free exams.
- Should your little one need to be admitted, we have quick and easy access to our sister facility, Sunrise Children’s Hospital
We don’t often think of an emergency room…that is, until you need one. At Southern Hills Hospital, we have two ER choices for you and your family, at our main campus and just four miles north called ER at The Lakes. Both are open 24/7, provide fast and efficient care and able to treat our pediatric patients on a moment’s notice.
Our physicians are specially trained in emergency medicine to treat all ages. Our nursing staff know that our younger patients need that special TLC and are always ready to help them feel better as quickly as possible.
Bring your kids to Southern Hills emergency rooms for:
- Convenience and accessibility with two ER locations at main campus (9300 W. Sunset Rd., 89148) and ER at The Lakes (3325 S. Ft. Apache, 89117)
- Fast, efficient care – we want to help you get back to your routine
- A texting service that gives you average ER wait times to help you plan as best as you can – text ER to 32222
- Trained nursing staff in emergency medicine and critical care
- Direct access to Sunrise Children’s Hospital
Your entire family can count on CareNow® urgent care clinics in the Las Vegas area for your minor illnesses and injuries. Getting sick is never convenient, that’s why we make it as easy as possible. We’re open 7 days a week with extended hours on weekdays to fit around your busy schedule. Just walk right in – no appointment necessary.
Plus, you can skip the wait in the lobby and check-in online. We’ll call you when we’re ready because your time is important. Providers at CareNow treat adults and kids older than three months for everything from strep throat, allergies, cold and flu as well as minor cuts and muscle sprains. We are experienced with common urgent care conditions in kids like pink eye, sore throat, ear infections and foreign body removal. We’re open on weekends and when your pediatrician is closed so you always have access to the top-quality care for your kids.
CareNow is also your one-stop shop for sports physicals and vaccinations such as your annual flu shot.
CareNow urgent care clinics are proud to serve Las Vegas Paradise and Enterprise districts, as well as surrounding neighborhoods including Henderson, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Green Valley South and North Las Vegas. Our fast and convenient urgent care clinics are close to the University of Las Vegas, the College of Southern Nevada and within a few miles of the Las Vegas Strip.